Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Vacation of a Sort

Just a quick post to let everyone know how I am doing. The reason there was no images posted over the last couple of days is because I had to have surgery to remove a very large cyst on one of my ovaries. It was supposed to be an outpatient procedure that is done laparoscopically in about an hour and a half. It took my Dr. 4 hours to do it because the cyst had attached itself to all of my other organs. They ended up keeping me overnight in the hospital to make sure that they had not nicked anything in the process. I am doing fine now with only 4 incisions that are about an inch each. I am walking a little slower then usual and feeling mighty bruised but it is so much less pain then when I had my hysterectomy a number of years ago. It may be another day or so before I am able to sit comfortably in my chair long enough to resume posting images again so hang in there with me.

15 comments:

Netty said...

Gosh you have been through the mill, hope you feel better soon. Take care, hugs Annette x

Sarah said...

Blog posts...not important.
Free images...not important.
Your health...on the top of the list of things that are important.
Take care!

Nancy said...

Val: I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Four tiny incisions are the best. I had my gall bladder out that way, and I couldn't believe how good I felt after surgery.

Paper Squirrel said...

Oh my! I hope you are feeling in tip-top shape again soon!

pupton said...

Glad you are recovering! Does not sound like a vacation at all! Heal quick!

bobbie said...

Take as long as you need!! Sending you wishes for a speedy, gentle recovery...

Eileen Bellomo said...

Get well soon Val!

Penny Duncan said...

OUCH!!!! Bless your heart!!! So happy to hear things are ok....but sorry you in the pain!!!! Take care of yourself ma'am...and Thank you for everything you do!!!! Have a blessed day!!!

Sharon B said...

I had this happen to me quite a few years ago. I hope you recover well! I will be thinking about you

Suze Bain said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery. x

Kim G, said...

Don't worry about posting! Please take care of yourself first.
Thanks for all of the pictures you do post.

Anne said...

Rest up-we will be here when you are able to return....Don't rush it! (said in my best "Mom" voice!)

Gerrina said...

Hope that you find yourself up and around real quick! Your health is more important than blog post or images! We still be there when you're totally recovered.

marda said...

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery... ouch!!! Take care, we'll all wait for you.

crimsoncat05 said...

glad they were able to take care of everything, and hope you're back to feeling like yourself soon!! I had two of those surgeries this spring, both laproscopic, thank goodness. Don't forget that even though the incisions are small, they did plenty of stuff on the inside-- take your time recovering!