Thursday, August 2, 2012

Free Art Friday at the DIA

Click on the picture to see a larger view. 



So you all remember the "Art Abandonment group" and the plea I made to fellow Detroiters about voting "YES" for the County Art Authority on August 7th right?

Well tomorrow my friend Karen and I are making a trek to downtown Detroit to the steps of the Detroit Institute of Arts to meet some other artists from the Skidmore Studio to rally the vote by hiding free art for unsuspecting innocent victims (I mean passers-by) to find around the city. The above pieces are the 3 I will be hiding tomorrow somewhere in Detroit. (I am making a 4th but it may not be finished in time.)  If you are lucky enough to live in the area there will be a photo posted on the Facebook page to give a clue to each of their whereabouts so that you may join the scavenger hunt and possibly take home one of these or maybe any of 30 pieces by other artists. (Click here to be taken to the FB page.)

Good luck everyone and I hope that they receive a good home from one of my peeps!!! (There are over  650 of you following me so odds are that some are from Michigan.)

1 comment:

Lululiz said...

Fabulous idea, and I so wish I was living in Detroit so that I could go on the scavenger hunt. Darn. I am just a few thousand miles too far away.