Saturday, July 14, 2012

More Abandoned Art

Here are some more little pieces of happiness that I have been abandoning around town for unsuspecting people to discover. This first one I left in the bathroom of a bar that hubby and I were at for a Detroit Institute of Arts function. 



This one I left this morning at a restaurant that hubby and I go to every Saturday in Ferndale. 

Close-up of the necklace. (The butterfly is made of polymer clay.) 
 


These three tags I made a while ago for some of the Tim Holtz challenges on another blog that I follow. They have just been sitting in a little bin by my computer collecting dust so I thought they would be happier in someone else's hands. 


Tag #1-  Abandoned at a local CVS store. 


 Tag #2 - Abandoned in the bathroom of the Detroit Institute of Arts. (What a fitting place to leave it.) 

Tag #3 -  Abandoned at the stamp store that I teach at in Northville. (Of course they might guess it was me if they read the email address on it.)


So far no one has contacted me to say they have found any of these. I was hoping that I would hear about one of them by now but the whole idea is to leave them and let them find their way in the world.

11 comments:

bobbie said...

I so love this whole idea!!! I love making random ATCs ~ I need to start!!

Sarah said...

Lucky are the people who find your little works of art.

Ann said...

what a lovely thing you are doing!!!

Karenliz said...

What a great idea! Have you heard from anyone who picked up any of your wonderful pieces of art?

Rhissanna said...

Oh my gosh! What a brilliant and wonderful idea! You're a complete star!

Uh, you wouldn't be passing through Arkansas, would you?

Lululiz said...

What a wonderful idea. I hope you get a response soon, it must be so exciting to hear with whom they have ended up.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

What a lovely and kind way to share art!!! I will do this too! thank you for inspiring me Valerie!
Artful hugs, Karla

TomoyoHime said...

Such a great idea! I really hope you hear something from people who found them.

Paper Squirrel said...

This is a wonderful idea!! Ooooo baby, I live in Metro Detroit, so maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones to discover one of these random acts of kindness...that would be so fun!
P.S. That butterfly is gorgeous!

Anita said...

What a fun idea...

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Love this idea...I hope the persons who picked it up will contact you:)