Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Handmade Mail Love

Click on the picture to see a larger view. 






I actually made these a few week ago and just forgot to post them. They are for a swap on my Yahoo group that mimics the Mail Love group that I also belong to. The idea was get something in the mail that was not junk mail or bills. The swap was to make and send 6 handmade postcards to 6 other people on the swap list.

These are handmade paper from, appropriately enough, junk or billing envelopes that I received in the mail. They have bits of colored card stock or tissue paper to make them colored, along with glitter, mica or metallic leaf to add some bling. Once the paper was dry I sprayed them with some Starburst mica spray from Lindy's Stamp Gang using various stencils and sequin waste. I made some "fabric sheets" by heat bonding some Angelina fiber and then I die cut them. I also added a little more bling with some of my stardust gel pens and a circle template.

No comments: