Thursday, May 3, 2012

More From Blockhead Stamps


Click on the picture to see a larger view. 

Click on the stamp set to be taken to Blockhead Stamps. 


I know it took me a while to get the other projects done for Stacey over at Blockhead Stamps but there just never seems to be enough time for art during any given day. The above piece is a page from a personal art journal that I keep on my desk. I use it to do whatever I want including everything from simply gluing down leftover pieces from a pervious project to trying new techniques to just doodling. This was a result of a few leftover pieces and just doing what I wanted to finish the page. 

1. I sprayed the background page with some Glitz Spritz and a stencil. Then I used a finger dauber and some pigment ink to stencil the flowers in the bottom corner. 

2. The leftovers were the asian book page along the right hand side of the page and the small piece of flowered japanese paper at the bottom. 

3. I stamped the dragon stamp from the "Chinese Princess" set with Versamark ink and embossed it with an olive green metallic powder. I then put self adhesive rhinestones all over it

4. I painted 2 very tiny brass dragonfly charms with the new Vintaj Patina paints and then sanded the wings back to the brass color. 

5. The final touch was to stamp and emboss the chinese charters from the set in gold powder. (I also stamped my own personal kanji that I had made in red ink below that.) 



These are 2 mini dominoes that I colored using alcohol inks and then stamped with black Archival ink using the "Architecture" stamp set from Blockhead Stamps. (I then coated it with a liberal layer of Diamond Glaze and edged the domino with a Krylon Silver leafing pen.)




Click on the stamp set to be taken to Blockhead Stamps. 


The final journal page is from a sample book that I am making for a class I will be teaching soon at Stampeddlers in downtown Northville. 

1. The background paper is one of those kinds that comes white and when you color it a second design appears because it has been embossed in a plastic on the page. (You can see the white swirls in the bottom left hand corner.) I colored my page with Distress Stain in Scattered Straw.

2. I then took 2 stencils and some sequin waste along with some pigment ink on a finger dauber to create the design in the upper right hand corner of the page. 

3. The women and roses are fussy cut from my favorite paper from Graphic 45 called "Steampunk Debutant". The gears are cut from gold paper with Sizzix die cuts and a couple of gear punches that I own. The gears along the edge are a Tim Holtz "Edger" die cut from a file folder and rubbed with copper Gilder's Paste. (The strip is folded in half before I die cut it so I can glue a longer page to it to sew into my book.)

4. I stamped and fussy cut the alphabet, the wrought iron design and the column part of the other stamp on cream card stock with black Archival Ink. I then colored them with a water brush rubbed across my Distress Ink pads. (I also colored around the gears with the same water brush and my Distress Ink pads to make them look shadowed.)


Be sure and head on over to Blockhead Stamps to check out their unique stamp designs as well as many other companies designs. Thanks again to Stacey for asking me to design a few samples for her site. I loved doing it!

2 comments:

cat lacigale said...

Fabulous ! I love your dominos !

goodling4 said...

Funny story my friend, Blockheads just opened a storefront store in Portland! So of course, Marita and I have been there and I did just buy the Architectural stamp set! Now I just need to go read what you artistically created and get that set out! Bravo for you for being a guest artist! Xo Gina