Monday, April 23, 2012

A Strong Northeastern a Blowin'

In case any of you were wondering why I have been a little quiet or maybe the better word is preoccupied. It's because I have been dealing with this small disaster in our front yard. We had very high winds last Monday and it blew down 2 separate branches from this large maple. The first one came down when I was out running errands. I decided to go out after lunch to do some gardening and to also pull the smaller branch out of the tree to cut it up. As I was ending my lunch and watching the last 10 minutes of a show on the DVR I heard a huge crash outside. (The large windows facing the camera is where our living room is situated.) Needless to say I jumped 3 ft. in the air and  Dexter made a bee-line in the opposite direction. (Fine guard dog he turned out to be.) When I looked out the window I felt the color drain out of my face. You see I planned to take a bunch of ferns out of our garden in very corner where the tree branch fell. I also usually tie Dexter to the maple tree so he can be outside with me while work. Whoever it was that was looking out for me that day, all I have to say is a very big THANKS!

6 comments:

Lululiz said...

I think I would have peed my pants if I had been that close! Goodness me, you were so lucky that it didn't fall just that little bit further. Your guardian angel was definitely with you that day.

bobbie said...

Yikes!!! I'm glad you're OK!

Myrna said...

So glad you weren't outside when that happened.
Myrna

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh, thank godness you decided to be lazy instead of work outside. I'm so glad you and Dexter are fine!

Paper Squirrel said...

Glad no one was hurt!

Patzee said...

Whew! No more close calls, please. Happy to hear that no one was hurt.