Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Postcards From All Over

Click on the picture to see a larger view. 
As I promised yesterday, here is the postcard book that I was finally able to assemble. Everyone that came to the retreat this year made their own postcard that was about where they lived and had to include a photo of themselves on it somewhere. After we all exchanged cards we made our own covers and assembled them into a book. What a fabulous keepsake! (In case you're wondering the blurred section of each postcard is the persons home address and email info.) 

 
Inside front cover

I LOVE that Sue used her own face on the bathing beauty.


See if you can spot Teri on this hilarious postcard.


Gina and Marita did their together since they live so close to each other. PFF means Pillow Fairy's Forever. They do little gifts for us each night of the retreat that we receive on our pillow. 



 
Karen included this postcard so that all of us would have the recipe for the fabulous drinks she made us.  (The art got a little more "loose" after about an hour of drinking. )








This is my postcard and the back inside cover has a bunch of inches that Lillian made for all of us. 


My outside back cover. I thought the image of these men on the Graphic 45 "Boardwalk" paper that I had was too cute not to use. The asterisk says "Except Tim & Mario". (That would be Tim Holtz.)





2 comments:

Cindy-Up In Northern Michigan said...

Fabulous Valerie!! What a great idea for a keepsake.

craftyM said...

Love how your book went together.... I think they came out so great! Gina and I finished ours just before we left Elena's.... I didn't see Julie's postcard in here. They came the day after everyone left, so if you don't have it yet, Elena will be sending it to you!
marita