At the beginning of March Stacey from Blockhead stamps asked me to design a few projects using some of their exclusive stamp sets. I couldn't decide on just one set so I had Stacey send me the "Architecture" and the "Chinese Princess" set which you can see below each card sample. (Just click on the stamp image to be taken to Blockhead Stamps.)
For the steampunk card here's the steps I followed.
1. I started on a cream piece of card stock and I heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder. I then took an ink blending tool and some Faded Jeans Distress ink and colored over the whole image. I then darkened the edges using the Chipped Sapphire Distress ink and then I splattered some Starburst Stains called "Afternoon Delight Denim" from Lindy's Stamp Gang. (It doesn't show up well in the photo but trust me, it's there. (I then tore around the image.)
2. Once the image was dry I took it to my ironing board and took a scrap sheet of computer paper and ironed off the clear embossing powder. It has the effect of leaving the original paper color show through the dark ink colors like a batik.
3. I cut a 5" x 7" card from more cream card stock and ran a piece of an old dictionary page through my Xyron and adhered it to the card front. I then rubbed the edges with some Rusty Hinge and Wild Honey Distress ink on a blending tool.
4. I stamped the lamppost image and embossed it with dark brown embossing powder and colored it with a water brush dipped in my Vintage Photo Distress ink pad. I put a good thick coating of Glossy Accents over the globe to make it look glass like.
5. I adhered all the gears, book plate, and key with Glue Dots and adhered the lamppost with foam tape and the card was finished.
Here are steps I followed for making the Asian themed card.
1. I cut a 4.5" x 6.25" card from black card stock and splattered it with some more of the Starburst Sprays from Lindy's called "Grab A Guy Gold". (Fabulous names for some of these sprays huh?)
2. I stamped the "princess" with Versamark and embossed her with detail black powder then colored her with chalks and some colored pencils. I used some gold paint to color in the chinese characters behind her head.
3. I stamped the wave on some teal card stock and heat embossed it with a light aqua embossing powder. I then colored the tips of the wave in with a white gel pen and adhered it to the bottom of the princess image.
4. I punched out the border from hot pink paper using one of Martha Stewarts All Over the Pages punches called "Caning Pattern". I then sprayed it with some more Starburst Spray called "Heliotrope Purple Plum". I cut out a vintage asian book page to fit behind it and adhered it to the side of the card.
5. I finished the card by taking a piece of lime green satin ribbon and threading it through an asian coin and adhering it along the bottom of the card.
I still need to do 2 more projects using some images from each set so be sure and check back to see them in the future. Oh and be sure to stop by Blockhead Stamps and take a look at all the cool stamp images available exclusively from them.