Saturday, April 28, 2012

From Nouveau To Deco

Last night Rob and I went to the Detroit Art Deco Society show. (It's a bunch of antique dealers and we got to shop early for the really good stuff.) I normally don't buy myself jewelry because I tend to make myself what I want, but last night I spotted something extra special. This necklace and other's similar to it were locked away in an old building in Czechoslovakia from the 1920's. Someone bought the building and discovered a bunch of them locked away in a vault and has been selling them to this antique dealer in the U.S. I had a hard time deciding because they were all different but I finally settled on the aqua necklace above. If you want to see more of these lovely beauties or maybe even buy one be  sure and visit the site and read all about them. Be warned!!!! They are not for the faint of wallet and carry a hefty price tag. (At least it's free to look.) 



To download click on the picture to get a full size image. Right click and "save to" your computer desktop or a folder of your choice.




Since the show last night was all about art deco here are some deco designs to download.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Val: What a beautiful necklace!

bobbie said...

What a beautiful piece! It looks like something a princess would wear!!
Lucky you!!