Monday, April 23, 2012

The Postman Cometh

Click on the picture to see a larger view. 
I actually finished this a couple of weeks ago but I kept forgetting to take photos of it. This was the project we did in Key Largo with Kathy Orta from Paper Phenomenon to house all of the "Mail Love" we had been sending each other over the past year. 



I decided to use a different set of papers that Kathy had available because they were the exact colors of my workshop and adjoining bathroom which is where this will probably end up. 


Even the back is pretty!


Even though they all look like drawers they are in fact albums with pockets to hold all the mail we received. 


We are supposed to continue the Mail Love project for another year but we are going to have to make another project to hold it all because all of my albums are mostly full. 


Album 1 has small pockets on one side and envelopes on the other to hold a lot of stuff.


Album 2 has accordion style pockets that will expand to hold even more stuff. 

Be sure and check back tomorrow to see the postcards project we all did for our art exchange in the Keys. 






2 comments:

Wax Beach Artist said...

Fantastic project!

Patzee said...

Valerie, I am super jealous. Your box looks amazing! I fear mine will forever resemble a stack of cut chipboard and pattern paper.
Pat