Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WOW (What's On MY Worktable)

Click on the picture to see a larger view. 
I realized today that I had completely missed doing this since I got back from the Tim Holtz cruise so I apologize that my brain is still on vacation. I have been busy lately designing some punchart for McGill. I was contacted a couple of weeks ago to do a bunch of projects for the next CHA booth along with many others using their Paper Blossom punches. Many of you may not know that I used to be a big scrapbooker and my specialty was using paper punches. I even published a book about punchart called Punch Artistry. (Click here for a shameless self promotion video.)  In my previous life I had done work for Memory Makers, Fiskars, Scrapboooks Etc. and Creating Keepsakes before becoming the lead designer for a small Michigan company called Kinetic Scrapbooking.

Basket of some of the Paper Blossom punches. The rest are on their way in a big box. (It will be just like Christmas.) 

Here's a close-up of the dogwood flowers I am working on. You may have noticed that there was a small canvas in the large photo of the entire desk. I am planning on putting it on a canvas but the one I had was too small. I hope to tear an opening in the canvas and make it appear that the branch is growing out of the wall behind the canvas. 

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Amazing. I would love to have that on my wall.
Hugs Joanne xx

JoZart said...

Very realistic beautiful plum blossom, love it!
JoZarty x

Electra said...

Well, I, for one, did NOT know about your previous life! From the look of these flowers, I don't doubt it!

Mary R. said...

WOW!!! i love the flowers they are really beautiful.....

MaryRedford

Patzee said...

How much fun is this? You get to play with new punches and create some stunning 3-D art. Great idea having a branch poke out of the canvas!