Yesterday I posted photos of what was on my worktable so I thought I would post some more photos of the completed dogwood blossoms project for McGill. I took a regular 8" x 10" artists canvas and tore a hole through it after I backed it with an old german book page. (I love the old english font that was used.) I rubbed the edges with Frayed Burlap distress ink and then a little Walnut Ink to really get a dark edge. I backed the opening with a piece of chipboard that I made look like a stone wall. To do that I had a brass embossing stencil that I smeared stencil paste through, lifted it off, and then painted with acrylic paint. (I glued 2 layers of chipboard in between to leave a gap between the canvas and the stone wall.) The branch itself is made from a regular old lunch bag which I smeared with glue then twisted into a "rope". To color it I simply rubber Vintage Photo Distress ink over it while it was still wet. (You have to do it before the glue dries or you end up with spots that won't color because the ink won't color the dried glue.) The flowers are made with the Paper blossom punches from McGill according to their directions on their site.