Friday, October 7, 2011

Cruisin' With Tim (Day 4)

Click on the picture to see a larger view.
I snapped a photo of Rob on our balcony as we were pulling into the port of St. Thomas. He picked the shirt all on his own in Cocoa Cay. (He really should be supervised when clothes shopping.) 

The captain had to do some nifty parallel parking to put us in between the Carnival ship and the Disney ship which were already docked. The really sweet thing is that when the Disney ship left later on we got to hear the whistle which was the fist 7 notes of "When You Wish Upon A Star". 


A lovely shot the bay with all the sailboats anchored up. No you're not losing your sight. The camera lens kept fogging up every time I went from the air conditioning to outside in the humidity and I was just too impatient to wait for it to climatize. 


I suspect this was a Disney ship that was used for some day excursion. 


This is the little cantina that we ate lunch at. It was down a small alley where we trying to take a shortcut to find the chocolate shop. Unfortunately I was over come by a combination of being hungry, not drinking enough water and the heat. As I reached out to tap Rob on the shoulder and tell him I was felt like I was going to pass out...... everything went black and down I went. Rob managed to catch me and sit me onto a short brick wall we happened to be walking next to. After I became a little more coherent he helped me over to the cantina and made me drink 2 bottles of water. We also had a very delicious marguerita pizza and then made our way back to the ship. 





These are all just lovely photos of the buildings that we passed while riding in the open air taxi to and from downtown. Much to our regret the place was filled with mostly jewelry stores and little else in the way of something interesting. 


Since there was no class today here are the photos of the journal as it looks so far. I still have to print my photos out and decide what order I want the pages to be in and I will probably add more embellishments. 

Someone brought tiny photocopies of Tim and Mario and I just couldn't resist putting them on this ship I found on the paper we were given when we made the travel cup. 



The stickers on the above three pages looked too new compared to the paper they were going onto so I lightly sanded them then rubbed on some Walnut Stain Distress ink then wiped it off with a damp paper towel. 

Some Tim stamps that I colored with a paintbrush and some Distress Stain. 

The butterflies on the left page were colored with some Pearl Mist and a paintbrush. 


Some of the vintage goodies from the paper pack I managed to snag from the precious center table in the marketplace store. 







We received a little printed booklet from Scrapmap a month before our journey to tell us the class schedule and class groupings which I cut up and used parts of in the journal. 

Be sure and come back tomorrow to see our day excursion on St. Maarten and another Tim project. 

2 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful, Val! Love the design of the journal itself.

smokeysmom said...

OMG! That Journal is so awesome! Thanks so much for sharing this. I'm also enjoying your cruise posts about your trip:)