Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hammering Was Heard From Below

Click on the picture to see a larger view.
I have been in the basement all morning busily hammering, crimping and sawing away. When I emerged it was with these 2 pieces of jewelry. The necklace is another version of the one I posted this morning and only took me about 2 or 3 hours to complete. 


This bracelet was actually started in my last class that I took at the retreat which was called "Timeless Connections" and was taught by Kieu Pham Gray. I think you can see that the design has a lot of steampunk influence in it so you can understand why I wanted to take it. I also wanted to learn how to properly cut metal and make cold connections with rivets. A few of the squares could be a better design but I think the bracelet still turned out pretty good. I'm thinking that maybe all the women I know will be getting jewelry for Christmas this year.

9 comments:

Debbie W. said...

Can I be on your Christmas list? Pretty please?

Debbie W.

Debbie W. said...

The best thing about attending Create! may have been meeting you and finding out about your blog and Yahoo group. You do fabulous work! Plus, you take better pictures than I do and actually post them, so I can send all my friends and relatives to your blogspot to see what was going on.

Debbie W.

Georgie Horn said...

lovely!

Claudine C. said...

This is just wonderful, you know how I love steampunk! haha! Everything you touch turns to gold Val!!

June Bug said...

Beautiful work! I love it!

Nancy said...

Lovely art work as usual. You have such a talent.

Createology said...

Your metal worked pieces are lovely. Your bracelet is totally fabulous. Safe Labor Holiday weekend...

marda said...

Absolutely charming.

Julie Forest said...

Wow! These are spectacular!!! Lucky, lucky ladies on your Christmas list this year! :)