Tuesday, September 6, 2011

CREATE Mixed Media Retreat

Click on the pictures to see a larger view. 








I finally finished my Fragile Fusion Journal from Rebekah Meier's class at the retreat. I have to say that I think this is my favorite finished project out of all of them that I did. I LOVE the techniques I learned in all of my classes but the one thing I learned about good mixed media art is that it is all about LAYERING! Because of that I think these pages stand out as being finished and don't need any other images or embellishments on them. Of course I think they would also make wonderful backgrounds but I am going to leave this journal just as it is.

6 comments:

Claudine C. said...

Very pretty Val. The backgrounds look so beautiful and soft.

Sarah said...

You have certainly figured out the layering process. All of these pages are gorgeous and look so dimensional. Nicely done!

Julie Forest said...

What a gorgeous journal!! Love all the luscious layers!! The pages are beautiful!! :)

Eileen said...

I agree, though the pages would make a stunning background for something else, how could you bear to cover up such beauty?!
xoox
Eileen

Patzee said...

What luscious layers you've created! Good golly, how can you cover them - they tell a beautiful story just as they are.
Pat

sandi collins said...

great work. the retreat sounds like fun