Click on the picture to see a larger view.
I know you are all wanting to see more of what was done at the retreat so here is some of the flock of birds that we created in the "Birds Gone Wild" class.
For those of you that were trying to guess which bird was mine... this is the one I made in class. The body is from a baking tin that I bought at a garage sale for a buck. The wings are from a tin I found at an estate sale and of course the watch parts I have tons of for all things steampunk.
I had so much fun at this class that I couldn't get to sleep that night so here's what I made in my room later that evening. The body is from an old tin ceiling tile that was in our class kit. The wings are 2 rusty metal hearts and the feathers are pop can pull tabs. The "collar" was a piece of trim that my neighbor gave me from a cheap stained glass lamp that she pulled apart. The crest was a brass embellishment I had and the legs were in the class kit. (I think they are from an old bed and hold the springs to the frame.)
More of the flock from the 20 or so students in the class.