Friday, August 12, 2011

BIG Score on Ebay

I must say that I miss the regular Wednesday post I used to do called "What's In My Drawers?" I think I will start doing this as a regular feature so you can see the mayhem and chaos that is on my worktable. I couldn't wait to post this until next Wednesday so you get an early peek at what I am doing. 



Click on the picture to view a larger image.
I just won an auction on eBay of a box of clock parts and I think I really, really scored big. I spent about 3 hours last night happily tearing all of them apart so I could get a new collection of gears and other assorted parts. Not bad for $43.00 including shipping huh?

You also get another peek at something I have been working on here and there since last month. Remember that canvas I did a rusty paper tutorial on for the Gingersnap Creations blog? I have the second canvas almost finished and you can see in the above photo that I just coated the rusty part with a sealer. (That's the milky looking part that hasn't quite dried yet.) Well I have a few ideas for the niches in the back, one of which included the clock case that you see in the above photo. I though it was cool that it looked like a clock that has the chains on it that you pull to wind it up and it fits perfectly in the niche.

2 comments:

donna!ee said...

love love love the tools of your trade! :)

B. said...

love love love ebay. Just won a lot of clock hands. they are so BEAUTIFUL. . . . Have fun!