Saturday, July 16, 2011

Nouveau Gear Necklace

Click on the picture to see a larger view.

So this is an entry for the Gingersnap Creations Supplies Challenge of "Gears, Cogs And Watch Bits". I wanted to do something a little different then anyone else had submitted so I dug out all of my jewelry supplies and got to work. I started with a Tim Holtz Ideaology bookplate for the center and added an image from the Graphics 45 Steampunk Debutante line. (What else would make sense.) After I added a few watch gears over the ones in the image, (plus a few others), I covered it with a generous coating of Diamond Glaze. From there it was adding gears, a spring, some different sized chain, and a couple of hinges with jump rings to tie it all together. 

If you want to go and check out the challenge and maybe make your own creation to enter, click here to be taken to Gingersnap Creations blog. 

10 comments:

bobbie said...

Fabulous piece!!!

Becky T. said...

I love it and love how your mind works! You are so inspiring!! :-)

Barbara DeLisle said...

This truly a work of art-fantastic-love it, love it, love it!!!!!!

Netty said...

Oh wow a steampunkers dream of a necklace. Amazing work, x

Juliet A said...

I'm picturing that you have all this hardware just sitting around, waiting to be assembled into something like this - mindboggling!

Plume said...

WOW! Astonishing! I love this necklace it is so beautiful!

Deb (dcorder) said...

WOW! That's incredible! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

Astrid Maclean said...

OMG, this piece is unbelievable, absolutely fabulous!!

Zuzu's Blog said...

Lovely piece and very in keeping with real steampunk.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's cool, fantastic piece of art.