Friday, July 29, 2011

Mail Love & Fantasy Fibers

Click on the picture to see a larger view.




These are some more postcards that I will be sending to the members of a group I belong to called Mail love. I busted out my iron, 2 non-stick craft mats, Angelina Fibers and Fantasy Film and had a ball melting them together. Unfortunately the scans (and photos I tried to take) do not do all the metallic paints, fibers and inks any justice. I did the backgrounds with a Tim Holtz recipe for Glimmer mists along with all kinds of metallic paint, ink and wax paste. Once I ran the fibers through Xyron and attached them to the postcard I ran it through another Xyron with a mat lamination and sticky back combination. (The mat laminate also made photographing and scanning next to impossible.) I wanted to make sure they would make it through the PO machinery and all the handling they will get from being admired.

7 comments:

Paula said...

Oh, Valerie, these are sooooooooooooooooooo pretty! The colors are divine! I am often in need of "wall paper" for some of my poems, as the old images I use are in sore need of a makeover. These will come in handy! Thank you!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

These are fabulous backgrounds...WOW!
You should do a tutorial ,,,in your `spare`time:)...love em all!

Lillian Mederak said...

I love these Val
you did it again
Lillian
http://www.canadianscraptramp.blogspot.com/

Sue Young said...

Ooooohhhhhhhhh! Luscious,Val!

goodling4 said...

Oh and did this light my mail box up, yesterday!!! Thanks for sharing steps and products and now we need the tutorial!! In your sparetime, correct!
Thanks again Val for all of your creativity!
XXO GG

teri said...

Val, thanks for sharing the steps. These are absolutely beautiful. You're so creative.

Socrates said...

Gorgeous cards. Very yummy!