Thursday, July 21, 2011

Last Of The Marie Antoinette Journals

Click on the picture to see a larger view.
I think this is the last Marie journal I have to work in since no new ones have arrived in a while. Unfortunately I have had this one for a while so I apologize to Inge for hoarding it for so long. Here are all the details.


1. Both of the backgrounds are scrapbook paper. The pink striped I stamped on with a Versamark pad and then took a big "mop" brush and dusted the ink with Perfect Pearls in Pink Gumball. Wipe the excess away and it leaves a beautiful metallic shimmer.

2. For the background under the gloves I didn't so anything to the paper except add some embossed corners. I used some of the White Wash Coordinations paper with a pink back and once I embossed the paper using a folder from Cuttlebug called Kassie's Brocade I sanded the white off the raised image. I then glued on some antique pieces of lace over part of each corner and added a Sizzlet die cut corner from gold paper called Ornament #2.

3. The mint green border along the top of each page is a border punch from EK Success called Swirl. I then swiped it with the Versamark pad again and brushed on some Perfect Pearls in mint over the darker green and some Pearl Ex Powder in Interference Gold over the lighter green. The darker green border was made by simply cutting it with a pair of Fiskars Edgers called Seagull.

4. The small gloves were a pair of children's gloves that I found at Target's during Easter in the dollar bin. (Shows how long I have been waiting to use those.) I added the monogram to each glove with metallic embroidery thread and then hand stitched the lace and trim to the cuff by hand.