I actually had this sample done a few days ago but I was just being lazy in getting it posted. (Read here... The scanner was covered with a bunch of stuff that I didn't feel like moving.) You see....I have this disease called "flatius surfacitis". If I see a flat surface I like to cover it with stuff. Eh, hem.... so, anywhoo.... below is the tag I did using this weeks technique and below that is a few more samples. (I just have to do samples so I can pick the one I like to finish completely.)
If you want to see the technique for yourself just click here to visit Tim's blog. If you want to check out the happenings over at Studio L3 and see what Linda is up to then click here.
Click on the picture to see a larger view.
I painted over the embossed image with camel acrylic paint. The cage, branch and bird are some of Sir Tim's new mini Movers & Shakers dies. The bird cage I painted and rusted with some of my favorite paint by Sophisticated Finishes. The ticket is from Tim's 100th stamp set that I stamped in black on a manila folder and then chalked the edges with lime green. The bird was first covered with an old book page before I die cut it and then it was also chalked around the edge. (The tree branch I simply painted with black acrylic paint.)
Here are a few more samples that I did to see what color acrylic and also what stamped image I was going to use. I also used a small stencil and some gold paint on the first tag which I really liked the way it turned out.