Click on the picture to see a larger view.
I started by locating and ripping out a page that had a sewing machine on it from an encyclopedia I bought on eBay and gluing it to some chipboard. (The piece measures about 5 3/4" by 8 1/2".) For the background colors I used Distress Ink in Wild Honey and Faded Jeans. The beautiful green appeared by overlapping the 2 colors but I deepened it a little with Bundled Sage. I also didn't have the Studio Matt Multi-Medium gel so I used the Michael's "cheapy" brand that I had and it worked fine.
Once I had rubbed the Distress Ink over the entire background I wanted to change the pedestal and the neck piece of the dress form. I did that by inking the foam stamp I created from Tim's die with a Versamark pad just on the areas I wanted to emboss. I then dumped an antique gold powder on it and heated away with the heat gun. I also cut out a birdcage from another of Tim's dies and trimmed it to fit the dress form. To make it appear old I heat embossed some antique pewter powder over it.
The "measuring tape" at the top is actually an old carpenters ruler that I had. I didn't want to cut up any of my actual measuring tapes because I still use them and they don't have that faded, really old look that the ruler did.
The gold hearts you see are actually corsage pins that I have had for a while. I liked them better then real sewing pins because of the shaped head and they are much larger then the regular pins. They are simply stuck through the existing holes of the vintage eyelet fabric along the bottom. To finish it off I wove a black and white dotted ribbon through the pins and tied it in a bow.
The hooks down the side are from my stash of really old ones that I have found in the various tins of buttons I have collected over the years. I sewed the hooks and the mother of pearls buttons down both sides with embroidery floss.
The thread spool is cut from actual wood paper which was glued over chipboard. I then wrapped it with some more embroidery thread and stuck the end through a real needle. To finish it off I stuck the needle through a small square of fabric.