Monday, March 21, 2011

Key Largo Retreat -Extra Goodies

Click on the picture to see a larger view.
Here is a picture of all the goodies that were handed out from other people. I can't remember who gave exactly what on all of them but I will cherish all of the handmade gifts. 

Here's my version of the metal tape frames I showed a couple of days ago. It was my niece's birthday yesterday so I took the opportunity to make one of these beauties. The only thing I did differently to this one is to add some color. I did that by using Sharpie paint markers to color over the metal tape and wiped it off slightly while it was still wet. (You could also use regular Sharpie markers or alcohol ink to color the metal tape. ) 

I was finally able to finish the artist tray once 2 of the boxes I mailed back from the retreat arrived on Friday. I made 2 of the bottle cap charms that Eileen showed us how to do and I also made the memo clip charms she showed too that spell Key Largo. The date that the retreat took place is shown in the box with the ruler pieces. (3-8-2011.) The 46 is for the age I was when I was there. The airplane propeller is for the trip to get there. 3 of the boxes spell out "keys" 4 art. The clock in the upper corner originally had the time my plane landed in Florida but the hands keep moving. (I guess I have to go ahead and glue them down.) Anyways I am extremely happy with it and I plan to hang it in the downstairs bathroom that is next to my workshop.

9 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love your metal art page!!!!! fabulous! and your tray is awesome too.

Amy said...

they are both beautiful...love the way you created the Dream title

Elaine A said...

Val -

Your niece is going to love that metal page! It turned out wonderfully. And your tray is beautiful, saw a sneak peak at Eileen's blog.

Elaine Allen

bobbie said...

They are both absolutely wonderful!!!

Electra said...

It's really wonderful, Valerie! Thanks for showing us!

Electra said...

I want to go on an art retreat. How does one learn of them? It looks like you had so much fun! I used to go to quilting conventions and we had a blast!

Jana said...

Thank you so much for letting us live your adventure through you. It sounds absolutely marvelous. I LOVE your tray. All those bright colors and that beach theme have got me thinking.... AND your metal art is fabulous too.

teri said...

You must be so happy to have all your supplies back. Your tray turned out beautiful -- and I cannot believe you already turned around that metal page. I'm still thinking about HOW to do it. :-)

Peggy B said...

Absolutely wonderful art!!!!