Monday, January 3, 2011

A Walk In The Garden

This is another set of pages for the Marie Antoinette circle journal I am participating in. These are for Lori Otto and for her theme we needed to pick an email title (that she has provided) and write an email from Marie to someone else about the intended subject. I chose to do ....."re-do plans for the garden". The pages below have an overlay of the Versailles garden plans over them but I wanted you to see them without it first. The journal is very small at 5" x 7" so there wasn't a lot of room for me to do my usual fussing. Plus I wanted to keep it relatively flat so the overlays would lay right.



Click on the picture for a larger view. 

1. The background was done by rubbing Victorian Velvet Distress ink around the edges and then spattering some mica powder mixed with water over it. It doesn't show in the photo but the spatters give it a nice violet metallic effect when you tilt it in the light.

2. The flowers are real dried flowers that I very carefully glued down then coated with matte Mod Podge to protect them.

3. The envelope holds a small book of flowers that I printed on my computer. (You can see an image of it further down the post.)  The cover I used was an image that I had and was absolutely perfect as it was. The inside images are all old botanical prints from the Vintage Printable site.





Here are the images of the overlay. The top photo is showing it over the art as it will be seen in the final journal. The lower photo is just of the overlay itself. I printed it on a transparency sheet on my inkjet and then ran a blank one through my Xyron to cover the printed side from getting damaged. 



Here is a photo with the plant book partially pulled out and below is a closeup of the book open. 



Lori included die cut initials for all of us along with an ATC sized card to decorate so above is my "signature" card that she will add to the journal somehow when it returns home. 

1 comment:

Lori Northon said...

Love what you've done for Lori's journal. What I wouldn't give to be in that Marie group. Your projects are so delicious!

Hugs!
Lori N
lesseley at comcast dot net