Click on the picture to see a larger view.
1. The background of Marie's page is on watercolor paper. I sprayed it with water and while it was still wet I smeared a Distress ink pad all over it in Tumbled Glass. I then sprinkled water and Walnut ink in Cherry Blossom on it when it was partially dry to give it a mottled effect. After it had completely dried I then splattered sizing (metal leaf glue) all over the edges of the page. When it dried I rubbed silver metal leaf over it and it makes it look like molten silver was splattered on the background. To highlight the pink droplets I took Distress Stickles in Worn Lipstick and dabbed some on all the pink splatters. To finish the background I stamped and heat embossed some images along the edges.
2. The image of Marie was an actual wig model I found on-line with a Marie style wig on. I was going to use her as is but I discovered that I wanted something to make the transition of the bird cage on her head more cohesive so I decided to add the hair. It is the kind that you would normally use for Santa and it is all in little ringlets. I had to gather ringlets and clip them off and glue them flat starting at the bottom of her head and overlap them as I went up.
3. The birdcage is a Tim Holtz die cut and I cut it from light weight chipboard. I then coated it with sizing and gold leafed it in 2 colors of gold. Once it was all leafed it looked very bright so I knocked it back by painting black acrylic over it and then lightly wiping it off. To make room for the bird I also took the cage and rounded it slightly over a soda can so is was like a real cage. The bird is also from the same Tim Holtz die but I wanted it in a more realistic size according to the cage. So I cut it from white shrink plastic and sanded it then colored it with pencils. I then made a little perch from a very small dowel rod, wire and a bit of gold chain.
4. The drape around the cage is made from crepe paper because anything else I tried was too stiff and didn't drape well. The pearls are simply strung on some beading thread and wound around the cage and behind it and then into her hair. Her earring is an old rhinestone button that I cut the shank off of. The finishing touch was to add the rose ribbon along the top of the page.
5. The diary entry was printed up on my computer and the I added the rubber stamped and heat embossed images. I took some watered down pink and blue ink and colored in the openings on the stamp images and called it done.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
To download click on the picture to get a full size image. Right click and "save to" your computer desktop or a folder of your choice.
Pretty soon the snow will be flying and it will be time to open packages.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
To download click on the picture to get a full size image. Right click and "save to" your computer desktop or a folder of your choice. (Images must be increased in size by 200% to use as 12" x 12" paper.)
Here's a few more of the pixel stripes paper I created last week.