Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cookie Baking Day

Click on the pictures to see a larger view.
My sister and I decorating the sugar cookies. (I'm the one wearing glasses.)

Mom is the official taste tester. (Couldn't keep her out of the cookie dough.) 

Mom's famous coconut macaroons. 

Don't they look all yummy and colorful?

Every year our family has a tradition of getting together and baking Christmas cookies. My sister (Andrea) and my Mom (Judy) and myself pick a weekend day in the beginning of December and we bake all day. We each make 4 or 5 different kinds of cookies and then bundle them all up in cookie tins to give away to people we know. (People like our mailman, hairstylist, nail tech. people at work, etc.) This set of pictures is actually from 2005 and it was the one year we went to my sisters cabin to bake the cookies over a three day weekend. Much slower paced and easier on our backs and feet but a pain to drag all that stuff up north. We currently do it at my house since we renovated our kitchen and have 2 ovens to bake in. I promise to take pictures of todays baking frenzy to post here tomorrow.

6 comments:

Diane said...

What fun that must've been! They all look delicious! I like Mom's tasting the cookie dough job!
Hugs, Diane

Netty said...

Such a terrific idea for the family to join in with and I bet it was a lot of fun. Oooh yummies. Annette x

Paula said...

OMG! Cookie heaven I'd say! They all look divine! How very generous of heart to gift such tasty delights to those who DO for you! We do the same thing here ... only I don't bake (I'm a mess when it comes to baking).

I think it's fabulous that the three of you get together each year and let the flour fly ... You are truly very fortunate to have each other and this "sweet" tradition!

Lululiz said...

Wow, what an enormous pile of cookies, how wonderful. I think it is a lovely idea to get together and bake.

Electra said...

That is A LOT of cookies! Luv the pic of your mom smeaking cookie dough. lol

Sue Young said...

Really cute pix Val! And of course the cookies not only look yummy,but ARTISTIC!!!!!too much fun1