Thursday, December 16, 2010

12 Days Of Tim (Day 5)

Click on the picture to see a larger view.

Welcome to day 5 of Tim inspired Christmas cards. This one is actually based on a tag from last year and even though it has a lot of similarities most of the differences are because I had to make due with what I had. Below is the original tag so you can compare the 2 images. (If you want to read all about the techniques that Tim shows then click here to be taken to his blog.)


1. So the differences are that I didn't have any grunge board and even if I had it I probably wouldn't have used it. The stamp image I have is from the clear set and it is smaller then the one he used so it would have been harder to cut out of grunge board. I have flocking but it doesn't have the "sparkle" in it that Tim's has so I added a little glitter over the top. 

2. The image of my tree is also smaller and made by another company. I also used Flower Soft on the green parts to make the tree look more like an evergreen. 

3. I didn't have any bingo markers with the number 25 on it so I used some of Tim's metal numbers. Because they are so much larger  I couldn't put them on the car. 

4. I didn't have the "Seasons Greetings" stamp either so I die cut the word "December" from various alphabet sets that I own. I also made the background a little too dark with the Distress Ink so I had to paint white acrylic around each letter to make it stand out more. 

2 comments:

donna!ee said...

absolutely lovely...the steampunk sizzle with the metal & car is great! ;)

Juliet A said...

You are clearly a better designer than Tim - Maybe you should do a twelve tags, maybe for some other month? How about twelve New Years resolution tags (resolving to use all the stuff we bought the previous year)?