Friday, December 17, 2010

12 Days Of Tim (Day 6)

Click on the picture to see a larger view.
Since the images I posted are all birds I thought I would keep todays card in the same theme. The technique I used is from Tim's third tag or covering a grungeboard piece in tissue tape and then coloring it. First of all I didn't have any grungeboard so I used chipboard. I originally covered the cage in tissue tape too but then I found that when I stacked the 2 pieces on top of each other that it was too busy. (I covered the cage in gold crackle paint instead.) The sheet music is held in place with a corner punch from EK Success which is one of my favorites. If you want to see the finished tag and read how to make the bird click here.

3 comments:

donna!ee said...

excellent notion to place the bird outside the cage...i enjoy the way your wheels spin & create! ;)

Jana said...

Lovely card. I really like the golden birdcage.

Eileen said...

This is my favorite so far....which is saying a lot, since they've all been gorgeous.
(Love that corner punch!)
Eileen