Thursday, November 4, 2010

"R" is for Railroad, "S" is for Santa

 These 2 cards are for the monthly Alphabetical Order swap on my Yahoo group. At one letter a month this swap has been going on for 14 months. So to get it over with in 4 months instead of another 9 I have doubled up on the letters per month. Here are the details.

Click on the picture to see a larger view.
1. The background was done with a very simple template I cut from paper to resemble a cloud. I then moved it around and flipped it over several times as I chalked along the edges in an upward motion.

2. The grass along the bottom is some of the Flower Soft in Christmas Green and Shamrock Green that I mixed together. (I think it gives a more realistic look then either color by itself.)

3. The images I found on-line and printed out then cut around and glued down. The sign was glued to a small craft stick and then popped up on foam tape. The book actually has pages in it from another old book.

4. The pocket watch was made from a brass frame that I glued a clock face into and then covered with Diamond Glaze. I then attached a gold chain and glued it to the card.




1. The background is embossed in my Sizzix with a new folder I bought the other day. (It's called "Sugar" and comes in a set from Sizzix. ("Sugar & Starry Night")) I used a cream colored card stock then rubbed Distress Ink over it in Old Paper with a foam applicator.

2. The border on the edge is a Martha Stewart punch called "Modern Garland". (The paper is from Studio 45 and is actually the back of 2 prints.)

3. The frame is metal but I can't remember where I got it. The Santa image is another Studio 45 paper.

4. The title was cut from an alphabet from Sizzix called "Trixie Girl". I first heat embossed a red glitter powder on red paper before I cut it out. Then I glued it to the same green paper as the border and hand cut around the letters.

4 comments:

Mimi Cross said...

These are beautiful, Val! Thanks for sharing the details with us.

Nancy said...

Val, You always do such beautiful work.

Paula said...

Valerie, these are lovely! I have not heard of Distressed Ink ... I assume it can be obtained at Michale's? Ooo, I could find a million uses for such!!!

donna!ee said...

you create gorgeousness...thanks for sharing! ;)