Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Am A Material Girl

Click on the picture to see a larger view.
This set of pages is for another circle journal. This one goes to Tracy for her Marie Antoinette journal. The theme that Tracy picked was that Marie could live in any era and be any person you wanted. So of course I thought right away that Marie was the original "Material Girl" long before Madonna was ever born. Below are all of the details.

1. The background was done with a lime green, and aqua faux glimmer mist that was left over from another project. I laid a large stencil of flowers over both pages and sprayed both colors randomly. I then did the same using a piece of sequin scrap. After I sprayed through the sequin scrap I also turned it over and made an impression with the mist left on the stencil.

2. The doll I made on my computer and then printed on watercolor paper. Before I dressed her I colored her with watercolors in matt and metallic colors. Her bow is made from silk embroidery ribbon and the skirt is hand gathered antique mourning lace. Her necklaces I made myself from other pieces of jewelry. The garters are made from tiny 1/8" satin ribbon with a couple of jumprings glued at each end.

3. The images of all the gentlemen were found on a french fashion site and I added the various "gifts" they want to bestow on her in Photoshop. (stacks of money, the Mona Lisa, a jeweled crown, and diamond necklace.) I laid some of Tim Holtz tissue tape along the top and bottom of both pages and stamped various images. Then I glued down the definitions for "possess" and colored it with more of the lime green mist.

4. The words for Madonna's song "Material Girl" are printed out on white card stock and then the edges were rubbed with lime green metallic chalk. The title is cut from a Sizzix alphabet called "Hunky Dory" with glossy black card stock. Marie/ Madonna is attached to the page with foam tape and then adhesive backed rhinestone swirls were added around the 2 pages.

2 comments:

Netty said...

Terrific pages. x

donna!ee said...

thank you for the step by step guide...sooooooooooo good! ;)