Click on the picture to see a larger view.
1. The mask was one of those full face masks that I bought at Michael's and then cut the lower part of the face off. (I didn't like the shape of the chin and mouth.) I then sanded it lightly and painted it with a metallic teal acrylic paint. I then put a crackle coating over it and covered it in white paint. I then decided that I didn't like the way it turned out and I painted over the whole thing in metallic lime green. It's kinda cool the way you can see the crackle effect under the lime green paint. ( The edges are rubbed with silver Rub-N-Buff.)
2. The headpiece is made from chipboard die cuts that have been pieced together. It is painted in Glorious Gold Patio paint and then a wash of silver was rubbed over it. I then darkened the edges of the gold with some Black Soot Distress Ink on an eye shadow applicator. The teardrop shapes were painted with the same metallic teal that I used earlier then have teal crystal rhinestones glued on to each one. The backing to the 3 openings of the headpiece are cut from packaging plastic and then marbled with alcohol ink in Aqua, Stream and Pool. (They are backed with a lighter aqua paper so that the marbling shows.) I added the backs to the openings as a way to help stabilize the chipboard scrolls and keep them from breaking off.
3. The eye openings have a ring of olive green crystal rhinestones glued around them and the lower edge of the mask has some cording glued on to cover the raw cut edges. More of the teardrop shapes were painted teal and added under each eye opening along with more crystal rhinestones.
4. The finishing touch was to add some antique gold colored chains on the lower part of the mask to dangle around the wearers chin. I also added some lime green and aqua crystals on the lower chain.