Click on the picture to see a larger view.
1. The background was done on watercolor paper with some faux glimmer mist that I had mixed up from a previous project. (Sorry but I can't remember what the colors were on this one.) I simply sprayed it on and then dropped some kosher salt on it to created the mottled effect.
2. The bird is an image I found on-line and enhanced with colored pencils. I attached it to a sturdy backing paper by running it through my Xyron then I cut it out leaving the long tail off on purpose. I then glued a mixture of green fibers to the tail to simulate the one I cut off. (It is raised up on foam tape to leave room for the fibers.)
3. The leaves are all punched out and then shaded with some colored pencils. Some are raised up on foam tape to create depth.