Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What's In My Drawer's? (It must be Wednesday)

Click on the picture to see a larger view.

This week I am going to show you what's inside this repurposed tackle box. I have had it for a while and used it all the time when I taught classes. It was great to take stuff with you because it all closed up tight and could store smaller tackle boxes in the top. After I stopped teaching I stopped using it and it sat empty in my storage closet for a few years. Once I saw it again recently I realized that I could pop the front door off and use the drawers and the top to hold things. By the way if you are looking for organization solutions I suggest that you haunt the local sports shops and hardware aisles. They are the exact same boxes as they sell in the scrapbook stores done up in fancy colors. (Some are even made by the same companies and they are much cheaper.)


Here's a peek into the top of the box. I have both of my tins with all my alcohol ink in them. I also have all my glass slides from Ranger, my refill of stamp cleaner and a set of stamp pads along with the blending pads.


The first drawer has all my binder clips, ballchain, bracelets blanks and binder rings.
(Funny how they all ended up being the "B's".)

The second drawer has my empty bullet casings, sewing bobbins, christmas lights, corks, small glass bottles, mini lenses, some small fossils and some embossed foil pieces.


The third drawer has all my game pieces such as chess, dominoes, bingo chips, pawns, password cards, scrabble dice, dice beads , spinners and some mini compasses.


The fourth drawer has all my mini household stuff. Things like brooms, eggs, baskets, flower pots, wreathes and birds. There is also all my frames for the glass slides that are stored on top.

6 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Val -

I love what you've done with this tackle box! I'm always wondering how to store all the small bits and pieces I pick up, this idea is perfect! Thank you for sharing.

Elaine Allen

Mimi Cross said...

Val, what do you use the bobbins for, other than the obvious?

Janet Ghio said...

A tackle box is a great storage idea!

Joanne said...

That was an amazing peek into your drawers. I have a nosey every week, hope you don't mind.
Luv Joanne xx

Createology said...

Wow! This is a wonderful tackle box of fabulous treasures and no yucky worms! Very organized and ready to create...

Tami said...

I would have never thought of using a tackle box. It's just perfect!!
Thanks for sharing your studio with us and thanks for a great idea.