This set of pages are for another "I Dream In Colors" journal. This set goes to Jacquie Valdespino and her colors are blue and brown. There are so many possibilities for this combo that I had trouble deciding what to do at first. I then got my brain in gear by looking at some images and then I chose this one and went from there. She just screamed "elegance" and sophistication even though she is mostly nude. Hence the definition I used on the first page. Here are the rest of the details for the pages.
1. The background was done on watercolor paper that Jacquie provided. I started with mixing a faux glimmer mist from the Tim Holtz recipe in a turquoise color. I sprayed all over both pages in that and then laid down a Tattered Angels mask and sprayed over it with the Moon Shadow Mists in Van Dyke Sepia Walnut from Lindy's Stamp Gang . (It doesn't have any mica color in it like the rest of the mists.) Once I pulled up the masks and the color had dried I spritzed it with clear water and dabbed up the water with a paper towel. It pulls off some of the color this way and leaves subtle droplet shapes.
2. To create the small blocks of the paisley looking design I took the double sided paper that has a colored core to it. (When you tear or sand it the other color shows through.) I took a piece of this paper and embossed it with one of the new folders from the Tim Holtz Texture Fades line. I then took some small lengths of fiber and folded them in half and glued them to the torn edge of the paper to create a fringe. (The copper colored pieces you see in there is a reproduction of metal bouillon used on Christmas decorations.)
3. I took a paper doily and colored it with more of the faux glimmer mist then cut it in half and attached one to each page. Before it was dry I crinkled it up and carefully flattened it out to give it a very worn look.
4. Along each edge of the pages is some of the new tissue tape by Tim Holtz. Very cool stuff and it actually does feel like tissue paper. I stuck it to a left over piece of Xyron release paper and tore one edge of the tape before sticking it down. I then colored it a little with some colored pencils.
5. I stamped various images using white acrylic paint and rubber stamps. I also used some acrylic paint sponged through some sequin waste to get the dotted effect.
6. The film strip along each edge next to the tissue tape is also by Tim Holtz. It is a transparency ribbon that has a film strip image printed on it. I took some Staz-On ink in cotton white and stamped the small flower images in each frame of the film then attached it with glue dots to each edge.
7. The buckle is from my personal collection of vintage buttons and is made out of Mother Of Pearl. The aqua ribbon has another organza ribbon attached to the front of it and then I took some ribbon shaped like a leafy vine and wrapped it around that.
8. The butterfly doesn't show up as well as it does in real life. It is stamped on packaging plastic with black Staz-On ink. I then took some iridescent Whisper ribbon and Fantasy Film and Xyroned it to the back. There is also some alcohol ink in stream between every layer to color it even more. I cut it out and bent the wings slightly to make it appear 3-D on the page.