This is another set of pages for a Marie Antoinette circle journal. This one belongs to Sox from Canada and her theme for her journal is Marie's secret journal. It's something that she kept to write her little secrets in and we are supposed to write about one and then do some art to go with it. I chose the confession of shopping too much. Something I have actually struggled with for a long time. Anyways here are the details.
1. The letter is completely computer generated. I printed it all out and then added the roses that I hand cut from another image that I printed out.
2. The background of the page with Marie on it is simply some Anna Griffin scrapbook paper that I rubber the edges with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I also stamped a few images with a dye ink pad by Ancient Page in a Sandalwood color. The lace is a an antique piece from my personal stash that I added to the corner. Along the bottom I stamped a border in Stormy Sky Distress ink. I then took a piece of white german scrap and rubbed it with a little Antique Linen Distress ink on a sponge applicator.
3. The image of Marie is something I have from Luna Girls and I printed her out as she came. I made her skirt from a handkerchief that I cut in half and gathered. I left the finished edge of the hanky so I wouldn't have to hem her skirt.
4. For the sash I took some wider silk embroidery ribbon and wrapped it around and then through a small silver buckle I had. I left a couple of tails and put on 2 halves of a bow on one side of the buckle. (I also made the bow around her neck out of white silk ribbon.)
5. Her hat has a small piece of a silver charm that I cut off of an earring "finding". I added some black iridescent feathers that I curled with a sharp pair of scissors.
6. Her shopping bags I made myself from scraps of scrapbooking paper and some embroidery floss. I added some labels to the bags which are actually vintage perfume label images. (They even have a little wad of tissue paper peeking out of the top of each bag.)
7. The final touches were a couple of boutique signs that I stamped on some cream card stock using the Ancient Page ink in Sandalwood. I also cut a couple of corner designs with my Sizzix out of gold paper embossed with gold powder.