Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What's In My Drawer's? (It must be Wednesday)

Today I thought I would do something a little different. After a short discussion on one of my groups about who has the most stuff and who gets the coolest tools first, the comment was made that I have the most organized studio they have ever seen. I unearthed some old photos from 2003 that shows what my studio used to look like. (This is for Eileen so that you may know that I wasn't always this organized.)

Click on the picture to see a larger view.
This is pretty much how my studio looks today. The only difference is that the wire cubes in front of my desk have been replaced with another table for when I have visitors. (You can see that in the next photo.)

Doesn't it look all nice and pretty all set up for people to come over to play? (It doesn't look that way now trust me.) It has stuff for making charms all over it.

Are you ready for the chaos and mess because here it comes.


AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
How did I ever find anything?



Here's a view from behind the main desk which has always been in the same spot. (There is a circle worn out of the linoleum pattern on the floor to prove it.)



This view is looking at what was behind my desk as you face it. (I was standing next to the desk to snap these photos. )



As I turned to the right and faced the windows (while standing next to my desk) this is the view you would see. Notice the arm of a couch in the bottom corner. My 2 labs used to hang out there while I worked. One sprawled on the cushions and the other on the back of the couch like a cat. (Yeah all 90 pounds of him!)


These are almost the same view but I am facing the back corner of the studio a little more. (The previous photo I was turned almost 90 degrees from the desk.)



For this view I am standing behind my desk and turned 90 degrees looking directly at the door in between the windows. Yes there are actually 2 doors that lead outside to the creek that runs next to the house. (See if you can spot the doors in the old photos.) As you can see I completely replaced the shelf where I kept my stereo.

I moved it to directly in front of my desk and added a TV with a VCR so I could watch recorded craft programs.



Still looking to the right while standing behind my desk you can see in the old photo that I had a desk set up with all my Fiskars tools on it. (I used to do a lot of design work for them so I worked here.) The desk was later removed because it was laminated particle board and got wet in one of the spring thaws that regularly floods my studio. The other desk behind it was also damaged in that same flood and was what prompted this clean up.



in this view I am still standing behind my desk but I have turned to the left. All of my punches were stored in Iris carts on the main floor of the studio. I later moved them to the built in cabinets on the wall after I ripped out a few shelves along the bottom. (Oh and I added some bright painted images on the doors too.)

Well that's all I have for now. Hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane. I know I am glad that it no longer looks like that.

4 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Wow! You have a lot of stuff!! But so well organized! I like to have my studio organized and neat, altho when I'm in the middle of a project, it looks like a hurricane has come through, but I always straighten up before beginning the next one!

JoZart said...

Thanks for the fantasticgrand tour. My 1st reaction was to say how amazing... and it is, but eeek! how would I keep it that way?. It would put so much pressure on me. You have an amazing stash and if ever I buy something new I must just show DH how much you have when he bemoans my buying more!

Joanne said...

My goodness!!!!
Luv Joanne x

Electra said...

Messy or not so messy, I sure wish I lived close to you so I could come and play! Love the "Scraproom" paintings!