Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Moment of Dexter Zen

Click on the pictures to see a larger view.
Isn't he so cute when he is sleeping? He's laying on all my winter clothes that I had not put away into storage yet. Needless to say they were there as a comfy bed for him for a few days. (Guess I'll have to wash them again when I take them out of storage.)


Here he is downstairs sitting next to my work table.


He can be a real couch potato in the morning. Unlike our other dogs he is not an early riser and doesn't climb onto the bed and stare at me until I wake up and feed him. (Not the most flattering picture of me but heah......your looking at the dog right?) Yes he does sit like that up against me. He comes over and sits up then scoots up to me until I "tip" him back to the lounge position. I think he likes it because he gets tummy rubs and can still see the TV. (Yes he watches TV too.)


This is what used to happen every night when we were going to bed. My husband would pick him up and carry him to the back door to go outside. Dexter was happy to let him do it and just relaxed in his arms and slouched back against his shoulder. (Dexter is now too heavy for this but it was cute while it lasted.)

6 comments:

Frk.Nattuggla said...

Love your story and isn´t he cute laying in the bed on all your clothes.I have a borzoi,she is also a couch potato.It´s so lovely with a companion like that in the house isn´t it??? Borzoi Mom.

Janet Ghio said...

Dexter is too cute and what a personality--I love the photo of your husband carrying him to the door to go out!!

Paula said...

Awwwww, he is too adorable! He still looks like a little puppy! I'd also have to say he is not camera shy ... kind of a poser!! They all have their personalities, don't they? What would our lives be without our beloved four- legged friends?

Elaine A said...

Hi Val -

OMG - look how big he has gotten! And he still has his mohawk! He is just so adorable. Thanks for sharing his photos with us.

Eliane Allen

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Dexter is so cute! I love how he sits with you on the couch. It is funny how he curled up with the clothes as that is more of a cat thing to do. Thanks, too, for the images that you share on your blog.

Lululiz said...

Dexter is a very handsome dog indeed. My two rascals love freshly washed clothes, they have been known to snuggle down on a pile which I had put on the bed, before putting them away in the wardrobe. My washing machine gets a good workout, lol.