Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"What's In My Drawer's?" (It must be Wednesday)

Click on the picture to see a larger view.
I recently did a little rearranging of my studio on some of the shelves that sit behind my desk. I wanted room to get some things off the window sill to let more light in the studio plus the condensation in the winter would get things wet. So this wire cube is a recent addition and now holds all of my paper flowers. I used to keep them in the tins or bottles I bought them in and had to dump them out every time I wanted to find a certain color. They are now sorted by color and size in several "Plano" boxes.




I never realized I had so many paper flowers until I had to sort them all by color. I think it took me 2 or 3 days of sorting on and off.

7 comments:

Lean said...

wauw i love to be your drawer.And thanks for all your great vintage pictures.It must be lots of work to post it every time .
byebye,Lean.

Lululiz said...

WOW, what an amazing amount of flowers!I don't think I have ever ever seen so many flowers in one place ( not even in our local shop, lol ).

Netty said...

I don't care how far away from me you are, I am coming to play in your super craft place. Wow, so many flowers....what fun. Annette

FILIGREE MOON said...

Beautiful collection of flowers, so beautifully organized! ~ Angela

Zaa said...

OK.....My heart " BE STILL" ...I'm Nothing special ... Just me... I'm tired, my friend.... You're my inspiration.. Love your 'oompapa'...
HUGS

Sandi M said...

And to think I thought I had my flowers organized merely by keeping them all in the same place. Yours totally surpass that!

paperqueen said...

I am constantly reorganizing things; I love to read about organization. I feel I am a very organized person. But I bow to you. You have the crown. You are the Organization Diva!
My flowers mostly reside in three large jars -- one for neutrals(whites, blacks, grays and browns), one for reds/oranges/purples and one for blues/greens/yellows. Yes, I do dump them when looking for something. I just don't have room for any more boxes or drawers :((
Eileen