Thursday, June 24, 2010

"O" Is For Opera

Click on the picture to see larger view.
This is another page for the monthly Alphabetical Order swap that takes place on my Yahoo group. This page goes to Susan Guzy again.

Here are the details.

1. The background is a beautiful opera house image that I found and used before on my Marie Antoinette circle journal. I don't usually re-use images but it's so hard to find images of actual stages in any kind of theatre and this one is just fabulous. I actually cut the opacity of the image down to 50% and cropped it so just the stage and curtains showed.

2. The opera singer image I have had for a while and I have just been dying to use her. In the original image her mouth is closed so I found another singer with her mouth open and copied just the mouth on to the opera singer. With a little retouching in Photoshop I think it looks pretty realistic. (She is mounted on foam tape to make her stand out from the background.) I also added the chains and the ah ..... ahem ..... you know the uhm ..... "boobie thingies" from some glue on brad heads I had. (I had to cut one in half because she is in 3/4 profile.) Her feathers on her helmet are some german scrap that I painted with champagne metallic paint.

3. I glued some more german scrap along the bottom edge that originally was a dark brown that I rubbed with some antique gold Rub-N-Buff. (LOVE that stuff!)

4. I added some sheet music along one edge that has the edges rubbed with blue chalk and some images of old tickets. I then rubbed Distress ink along the outside edge of the entire page to frame it in a little more. Oh and the letters are die cuts from Sizzix.

4 comments:

Electra said...

I love to see your great artwork! Love the boobie-things! lol

Netty said...

Ooh Valerie this is brilliant, totally love it. Annette x

Paula said...

Good morning, Valerie! Oh, I just love this piece! I really love the monochromatic color palette that surrounds your muse! She is spectacular! I find all of her "new" embellishments just lovely ... and very creative. You would make quite a dress maker! :))

Lori said...

Fantastic page, I love it!