The title says "No ensemble is complete without a crown".
These pages are for one of the circle journal groups I belong to. This one is obviously the Marie Antoinette journal and these pages are for Sarah Walker in Australia. She has not chosen a particular theme for her Marie journal like some of us have and just said to do whatever we feel inspired to do. I felt that Marie needed a crown. It seems that all the paintings that exist of her that I could find, none of them depict her in a crown. She was queen after all right?
Here are the details of the 2 pages.
1. The backgrounds are both scrapbook paper that I aged with Dusty Rose Distress ink. The crown page has a lot of stamped images over the paper from a Marie Antoinette set I have.
2. The border around the crown page is a Martha Stewart punch that I punched from gold and colored with Rub-N-Buff. (The Distress ink wouldn't stick to the glossy gold paper.) The border around the Marie portrait is hand tatting from my stash of vintage sewing goodies. I hand dyed it with Weathered Wood Distress ink. (How did I do art before I owned Distress ink?)
3. The crown is made from some heavy gold foil I have that I attached to some white card stock by running it through my Xyron. I then cut a whole bunch of stuff from my Sizzix and Cuttlebug dies and started playing. (I also used some embossing folders from Sizzix.) Once I decided on a design I liked I glued the pieces down and aged it with black acrylic paint. (I painted then wiped it off.)
4. I added strings of pearls and rhinestones to the crown some of which are colored with alcohol ink.
5. Marie's portrait has the crown Photoshopped in. I found an on-line store that sells pageant tiara's and got a good image that looked "crown" like then just cut and pasted the image to Marie's portrait.
6. The frame around Marie's portrait is made from black german scrap that I colored with gold Rub-N-Buff. I then mounted it on another piece of the gold foiled paper that was glued over a piece of chipboard. I cut it slightly larger then the chipboard and bent down the overhang to make it look beveled like a picture frame.
7. I attached small eyepins to the back of the frame and dangled a pearl tear drop and some antique brass chain to complete the portrait.