Friday, June 11, 2010

Been Very Busy

Click on the picture to see a larger view.

I actually finished these necklaces last week but I have been trying to get other art pieces for swaps done. The bottom necklace went to an on-line friend that I met at the Florida retreat. The top necklace I may keep for myself or I may give it away. (I haven't decided yet.) I wanted to make a charm necklace that had more of a found object kind of look like the mixed media artist Susan Lenart Kazmer. If you don't know who she is then you need to check out her book called Making Connections. For those of you that are not very crafty when it comes to making jewelry she has a new line of charms already pre-made that are available at Michael's exclusively called Industrial Chic. If you are handy with a pair of pliers then she has an on-line store with lots of cool jewelry findings to buy called Objects and Elements.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, Val, these are VERY cool, love them!

Netty said...

Two fabulous pieces. You make gorgeous jewellery, love it all. Annette x

Mimi Cross said...

Valerie,

Your jewelry is wonderful. You inspire me to pick up my pliers and wire snips and get after it! Thanks for sharing.

Patty

Createology said...

These are fabulous and really speak to my childhood heart. Happy creating...

Elaine A said...

Val -

I am so loving these pieces that you have been making lately. They are just beautiful!

Elaine Allen