Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What's In My Drawers? (It Must Be Wednesday)

Click on the picture to see a larger view.





Here is a chance to get a closer look at all the ribbon that you may see hanging down above my desk. I originally started with keeping my ribbon in a couple of clear shoe boxes but quickly outgrew that storage solution. My idea was to claim the space over my head using dowel rods and hooks to hold all the spools of ribbon. It's nice because all I have to do is stand up and pull a length out and snip it off. The drawback is that sometimes I don't wind the ribbon back up and it tickles my neck making me think I have a spider on me. (ICK!)

The top picture is all of my scraps that are too short for a spool anymore. I love the system I found to organize them because it is cheap and keeps them separate and unwrinkled. It's from a company called "Ribbon Ring" and consists of binder rings that hold these little plastic tabs. They come in different sizes and have 2 slots that hold the ribbon and keep it from slipping out. If you have lots of ribbon to tame be sure and check out their site and buy some Ribbon Rings.

4 comments:

Myrna said...

Such a clever idea.
Having it visible is so much handier when looking for the right color or texture for a project.
Myrna

Electra said...

I use dowels too for my ribbons! But you have WAY more than me. :-) Very pretty!

Paula said...

Oh my, that is ribbon heaven!! I am green with envy...

FILIGREE MOON said...

So pretty and such a smart idea! Your ribbon collection is beautifully photographed too. ~ Angela