This is my card for the monthly Alphabetical swap I do on my Yahoo list. (Each month is another letter of the alphabet.) I should have had it done and sent off before I ever left for Florida but somehow I forgot all about it. Here are the details on how I did everything.
1. The background is painted with acrylic paint over the black mount board I used and the edges were sanded to let the black show through. I stamped a scrolled image with a Versamark pad and I then took a green mica powder and a soft brush and rubbed the powder into the stamped image. It impossible to photograph it but it gave it a nice subtle pattern in metallic. (The black dots around the edge are done with a black Glaze Pen.)
2. The butterfly is stamped on black paper and then embossed with black powder. I then colored it in with a white gel pen and Twinkling H2o in Ginger Peach. I then cut it out and gave it black wire antennae and mounted it on foam tape.
3. The plant is simply stamped with a Versamark pad and heat embossed with an opaque white powder.
4. The trim along the bottom was adhered with a strip of red liner tape. To keep the tape from showing through and sticking to other things I then took some fine black glitter and dumped it over the trim to fill in the open spaces. I then laid down a line of Diamond Glaze along the top of the trim and poured on some metallic orange micro beads.
5. The title is black paper that I spattered with gold paint and then cut out with one of my Quickutz alphabets.