Friday, April 23, 2010

The Keys 4 Art (Last Day)

Sorry that this is so late today. My internet server didn't want to let me sign on this morning so I have been waiting to get on to get this stuff posted.

Anyways I wanted to post the remainder of the photos yesterday but I ran out of time. I had to get my nails done and then take my Dad to a Dr.'s appointment.

The photos from yesterday were from that Saturday from around lunch time. After that we went back and played some more doing something that I can't remember. That evening we went to a local bar on the shore to have a few drinks and watch the sunset. The first bar we went to I have no idea what the name was. Pirate something or other. LOL!!

This was were we sat which faced the sea right above a dock where the boats came in and out. From the left it's Eileen, Jen, Me, Marita, Sue and Juliet peeking over her shoulder. (Elena was taking the photos.)


This is the view we had of the ocean.



They even had a pirate ship that you could rent to go out on for the day.



Just like 2 peas in a pod. (Marita and Gina.)


Gina and Elena.



We then decided that the mangrove trees would be in the way to see a good sunset so we headed off to a hotel on the beach called "Big Chill".

Marita snags this set of couches so we can settle down for some mango mojitos and munch on some good food. We snacked on conch fritters, artichoke spinach dip and calamari. Hmmmmmm good!

The sunset never showed itself since there were clouds all day. We even got rained on for about 5 minutes but we didn't mind at all.

After the sun went down they turned on underwater lights so we had a very beautiful glow to lounge by.


Well that's all of the photos I have of my trip. I am usually accused of being a camera nazi but this time I just enjoyed the view without taking too many pictures. I want to thank everyone for their comments and also thank the wonderful ladies I got to meet that week. It was something I will never forget.

5 comments:

Diana E. said...

Can't Thank You enough for all your trip postings. I have enjoyed them so much and almost felt like I was one of you. What wonderful memories you have. I Thank You also for your wonderful generosity. God Bless

Juliet A said...

Thank you for all the great pics - I'm definitely using these in my journal, which is a great project and a great souvenir of a really really great time. It was awesome meeting you, and I hope it isn't the last time.

paperqueen said...

Really enjoying the re-living of our wonderful experience. So many of the photos I'm using are yours, as my memory card decided to go berserko on me.
I know we'll all be in touch in cyber-world, but can't wait til we can do it again in person!
Eileen

Jana said...

Thanks for "taking" us on your trip with you. I have really enjoyed it.

FILIGREE MOON said...

Oh, looks like such a fun time! What a beautiful place to spend quality time with friends. ~ Angela