Monday, March 15, 2010

Alice In Wonderland

Click on the picture to see a larger view.

These pages and ATC are for an Alice in Wonderland swap on my Yahoo group. (Once the pages are all glued back to back it will be a chunky book.) I must say that this swap has been difficult for me because I already have all these existing images that I see in my head. I didn't want to use any of the traditional illustrations from the books that are currently available. I started with the bottle on the second page and had that idea right away but the image of Alice in a room that was too small took longer to come up with. Then I came across this image on the net somewhere and I just loved it. I actually cut her out of the room she was in and had to create my own floor, ceiling and walls to be big enough for the page. (The original photo was too cropped.) The tough part was getting the perspective right on the room especially the striped wallpaper. Every paper I tried made the room look flat because the pattern was not in perspective so I had to create my own stripes to make the wallpaper. Anyways I am really happy with these 2 pages and the ATC.

3 comments:

Redfish Artwork by Vickie Fisher said...

Valarie, they turned out GREAT!! I love them both!

Janet Ghio said...

Your Alice page is really wonderful. You did a great job on her and the room!

FILIGREE MOON said...

Fabulous and unique creations! ~ Angela