Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What's Black & White & Red All Over?

Click on the picture to see a larger view.

These are some more pages for one of the "color" journals that I am working on with a group of fabulous ladies. (I Dream In Colors circle journal.) These are for Sarah Walker and her colors are black, white and red. They suggested to me that the work needed to bold and graphic even though I worked in a collage style. I started by using layers of paint through various stencils and also using 2 sizes of bubble wrap as a stamp. I then decoupaged on some napkins, newspaper, die cut mulberry paper and lace. (It doesn't show in the photo but the black lace is then covered with very fine black glitter.) The saying is from "Alice In Wonderland" and I came across it when I was collecting images for an "Alice" swap I am in.

4 comments:

June said...

WOW !!!!!!! This one is amazing, what a gorgeous gorgeous creation and i loved that quote
hugs June xxx

Kate said...

Beautiful art! The layers and colors are just right. I was just thinking about that quote from Alice this morning..it adds a perfect note of whimsy to the piece.

I really enjoy looking at your art, and appreciate all the free images and backgrounds that you post. Thank you so much for your generosity. I hope that all that you give is returned to you tenfold!

Kate

Susan said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! is this from another group Val? I would have so loved to be in this!!!

Lori Northon said...

Uh, my gosh! Valerie! Your pages are absolutely wonderful, and they are certainly bold! I love the use of lace, and the color choice is fantastic. I wish I was the one on the receiving end of this swap!

Hugs!
Lori N.