Friday, February 12, 2010

What Dexter Saw (And other cute pictures)

Click on the pictures to see a larger view.

Last Sunday there was a lot of commotion in the house created by Dexter. (You'll see why in a few photos.) Our windows along the creek area offer a great view of the outdoors and the various animals that pass by there. So Dexter found the best seat to view the goings-on and sat there for many hours. (Even when I tried to watch TV.)


Nope .... still not gonna move mom!


Even after I got him off the arm of the couch he still wanted my spot on the couch to watch the window. (I just thought the crossed paws was very cute.)



Here is why Dexter was so interested. An eight point buck and his mate laid down and snoozed for about 3 hours right in the creek area.



Here is a better view of our afternoon visitors.



After the newness of it wore off I was able to get my spot back.... well kind of! (A little to the left mom.)



All that watching meant he had no nap so after the 2 deer left someone was very tired.


Every night he is very tired from new experiences so it is almost impossible to get him up and moving to go to bed. Consequently this was Rob's solution, so every night he get's carried to bed. (Can you guess who's baby he is this time?)

8 comments:

Amanda Hamilton said...

Dexter is so adorable!!

Dazie said...

Hehehehe dexter is very handsome and so alert! It must be so nice to see lovely wildlife in the garden!
Dazie
x

Elaine A said...

Hi Val -

Boy is Dexter getting big. I love all the photos, he is such a sweetie. I gotta tell you though, when I saw your first photo, I started cracking up. Why? Because I saw all the toys on the floor. It reminds me of my house, I have 2 dogs, so double the toys. If someone walked into my house and didn't know I had dogs, they'd think I had toddlers. Thanks for sharing the photos. And I still love his Mohawk.

Elaine Allen

tracy kaufman said...

He is so very adorable. Love the pix. Gives me my puppy fix without the puppy.

Susan said...

Hi Rob,nice to meet you!!

Dexter is still very cute, though he is losing that "puppy look"
and we have deer in our yard all the time, the cats like to watch them, but the birds and squirrels more.

The first dog I had, when we moved in here(1986) was part lab and part greyhound, he used to chase after the herds of deer, and actually ended up getting kicked once. My 2nd dog living in this house was my beautiful white German Sheppard,and she watched them with great interest but never tried to chase after them.

I could never be a pet-less family, ever!!

hogs to you all!
Susan

ps...are you a follower of my new blog yet?...I know right now it is boring...maybe you'd like to help with that :) I would so love an artsy banner.

Jill B (jilleebee) said...

You are so lucky to have such wonderful visitors and, of course, to have Dexter! He has grown massively and is still gorgeous! My floor is permanently covered in dog (and cat) toys too! Ollie has two toy boxes (one up and one down). We clear his toys away but he goes straight to the boxes and takes them all out again!

Thryth said...

Oh, Valerie! Dexter is so precious! What a totally neat fur-baby. Wish I had one just like him. Can't wait for more pictures later on.

Hugs!

di said...

He is just too darn cute - and seemed he did not bark at the deer - just looked.