Sunday, February 28, 2010

"L" Is For Lime

Click on the picture to see a larger view.
Since Lime is one of my favorite colors you know that I had to do this for my letter "L" card. This is for an ongoing swap every month on my Yahoo group that is a different letter of the alphabet. I simply found a piece of clip art on the internet that I liked and created a paper pieced lime from it. I did that by printing the clipart onto a piece of white card stock and then I covered the back with reposition-able adhesive. I would then cut out each piece and place it on the colors of paper that I wanted them to be and cut around them. Once you peel them off and reassemble the pieces you get a lime. (It helps to print another copy to look at when piecing it back together.) The small water droplets you see are just dots of Diamond Glaze to make it appear like it has "dew" on it. (I also coated the inside fruit sections to make them appear "wet".) The circles background is a piece of printed acetate that I found at a scrapbook shop and it is placed over a white piece of card stock. The letters are frosted acrylic so that is why they appear to float on the page.

2 comments:

The Artful Paper Doll said...

Hi Valerie,

WOW! You have some gorgeous work on here. Spent a few minutes looking at your ATC cards, your dolls and just general browsing. You are a talent for sure.

Sending sparkly fairy dust and creative magic for a perfect week ahead.

Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie

FILIGREE MOON said...

Super cute and clever! ~ Angela