Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Dream In Colors

Click on the picture to see a larger view.

Left hand page.



Right hand page.



Jen requested that every artist make an ID tag with a picture of themselves on it. (I have always wanted to have wings to fly.)



This is another journal from the "I Dream In Colors" group. (This one is for Jennifer Rogers-Daniels.) Her colors are robins egg blue, lavender and chocolate. The background is done on watercolor paper using the Tim Holtz method of mixing your own glimmer mists. I then used sequin waste to stencil through with some white paint and aqua glimmer mists to make some random spots of dots. (The doily in the center of the 2 pages had also been sprayed with the various colors of mists.) Then I went about stamping and heat embossing various images about the pages. The large saying is something that is always happening to me and the other one around the compass stamp is something I cut out of a poetry book. The rest is adhesive backed rhinestones, some old hand tatted lace, some newer chocolate lace, paper flowers, beading around the compass, and lots of fiber and ribbon dangling from the flowers. (The aqua outer edge is some Prima packaging that I liked and kept to use in something.)