Thursday, December 3, 2009

What's In My Drawers? (A Day Late Again!)

I know I completely missed last week but I have been a little busy trying to keep a very cute little puppy from peeing all over my house. (It's no wonder I get anything posted on my blog at all.)

Click on the picture to see a larger view.
This is a metal shelving unit that I inherited from Rob's Dad. I believe it is comes from an old school office and it weighs a ton and a half. I managed to mount it on the wall all by myself. I don't quite remember how but maybe I dropped it on my head and that is why I can't remember. I used to have a bunch of metal "cookie" tins with hundreds of thousands of buttons but I got rid of a lot of them to give myself more space. What I have left are the buttons you'll see below in the containers sitting on top of the unit. The rest of the containers are all of my beads, but that is another day.


This is my container of "jet" or black glass buttons. The ones you see below are some of my favorites that I pulled out to photograph up close.




These are all of my "gold" metal buttons with some of the choice ones photographed up close below.




These are all of my "mother of pearl" buttons in white and what I call "silver". Below are some of the really cool carved buttons in detail. (I think of all my buttons the mother of pearls are my favorites.)





This container is all the clear glass buttons. Below in the top row, second from the right slot, are clear buttons that I colored myself with special glass paint.

These are all glass buttons in other colors besides black. Again some of the more interesting ones are pictured below.



These are all of my silver metal and rhinestone buttons. I don't know why I didn't photograph any of these up close. I guess there weren't any of my favorites in this group.


This is the last of the button containers and it holds all of m oversized buttons. They are all at least 1 1/2" or bigger with some of the cool ones shown up close below.




7 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Such lovely treasures and so nicely organized, too!

xoxo

Linda Dunn said...

I am amazed and covet your button collection. Wowza! Thanks for sharing.

Joanne said...

Hecky thump! I have one of the black buttons! What a lot you got. xx

Elaine A said...

Wow - that's lot of buttons Val! How is that little adorable rascal, Dexter? Give lots of kisses and hugs from me. He is just the cutest thing.

Elaine Allen

di said...

what a great collection of buttons -I wish I had that large tin of buttons my mom had from my grandmother when she died - I did get a bunch of buttons when my mom died - but not those from Grandma - Di

susanscraps said...

Holy Couch Cushions Batman!! I thought I had a lot of buttons. (I do) but you beat me ten times over and they are soooo well sorted!!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

That is a button collection to keel over and DIE FOR. Some are similar to a few I have left of my grandmothers collection.
Beautiful...beautiful....

XXOO!!
Anne